From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Impressive Alpine Clade - I1a-EE
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:33:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth O'Donoghue" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:18 PM

> Ken commented:
>
> 'In my list of all the markers used by FTDNA and SMGF, I have them ranked
> from slowest to fastest. DYS426, the key identifier for I1a-EE, is the
> second slowest marker in common usage. It's mutation rate is so slow, I'm
> not sure it has really been measured.'
>
> ------------------------------
>
> I'm not sure if this has any particular relevance, but I was curious to
> see
> the value for DYS426 in various haplogroups and found that in the
> different
> spreadsheets I have accumulated, that the marker value is 11 for hg's E,
> G,
> H, I, J, L, N and 12 for R and Q. Interesting, isn't it?
>
> Elizabeth

That agrees with my table, and you can throw in K as well. This, of course,
refers to modal values for clades within these haplogroups. We are bound to
find more "family" positioned mutations to 426 = 10 here and there, but it
is amazing how rare they are. I have a research database of about 1400
haplotypes across the entire set of clades in haplogroup I

Not counting the I1a-EE clade, there is only one haplotype out of the 1400
with DYS426 = 10 ----- and I better check that guy. Ken

This thread: