From: marianne dillow <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Checking on how to submit FTDNA results to Genbank?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:33:14 -0800 (PST)

Linda Jonas helped me to submit my results to GenBank and was great to work with. She put in a lot of hard work and volunteered to do it. I don't think I could have done it by myself. So, I applaud Linda and Ian Logan and others who will volunteer to help us to submit our results to GenBank because they are under no obligation to anyone to do that. They volunteer out of the goodnes of their heart and to help advance the cause of DNA.

Marianne Dillow

Laura Hayden <> wrote:
Dora,

Like many of us Linda is a volunteer project admin and does *not*
work for FTDNA, nor is she "unbusinesslike" or "rude" to have a spam
filter. Far from it. At this point she has already put in many hours
helping people submit their full sequence results to GenBank; simply
fill out the spam filter request and Linda will send you instructions
for the submit process.

Laura

On Nov 15, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Dora Smith wrote:

> I understand that to submit FTDNA results to Genbank, we contact Linda
> Jonas, at , because she prepares submissions for
> Genbank.
>
> I contacted her, and got back a Earthlink spam filter response that
> I need
> to apply for her to be able to receive e-mail from me. That is
> unbusinesslike and extremely rude. Before I complain to FTDNA, I
> want to
> verify that this really is the right procedure to follow to submit
> FTDNA
> results to Genbank. If she is an FTDNA employee, why is does she
> not have
> a familytreedna.com e-mail address?
>
> I find instructions to contact her at that address in more than one
> place in
> the list archives, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is
> correct.
> Maybe long ago someone posted that information to this list and it
> just kept
> on going.

This thread: