Subject: Re: [DNA] Checking on how to submit FTDNA results to Genbank?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:44:13 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2007 8:05:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> I wrote to Susan Schaeffer at Genbank and asked similar questions, as well
> as for more information on how to prepare a submission.

Last October I wrote:

"I strongly recommend submitting your sample through Linda Jonas or David
Whyte. They have a working relationship with the NCBI staff, and they've mastered
all the "gothcas" involved in preparing your sequence for uploading. It took
some negotiations for NCBI to even consider accepting sequence data from
individuals, as they are more accustomed to the batches of sequences that accompany
formally published articles."

Let me be even more blunt here -- I've seen your descriptions of your
interactions with various organizations (Argus, FTDNA, SMGF), and you come through as
being very demanding as well as putting your own spin on things. I'm
concerned that if you extend that pattern to the staff at the National Center for
Biotechnology Information, you will spoil things for the genetic genealogy
community as a whole.

Please, just have a bit of patience, take 5 seconds to respond to Linda
Jonas' spam filter, and let the established procedures unfold in due course.

Ann Turner

See what's new at http://www.aol.com

This thread: