From: "H. B. Whitmore" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Checking on how to submit FTDNA results to GenBank?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:23:10 -0500

Anne,

I've done a good bit with Y DNA, but know nothing about mtDNA. Although I
have no significant interest in pursuing my maternal grandmother's line (the
one I know the least about, needless to say) it occurs to me that I am 75,
and as an only child, and with a deceased childless maternal aunt, the last
chance anyone I know would have at this particular mtDNA is ME. (I do have
some cousins from mother's brother, but they, of course, wouldn't have the
"right" mtDNA.) So, what is this FGS? Is this the mt Full Sequence at $475?

Maybe I should talk my wife into this too (she can afford it <grin>).
Again, the line we know the least about, and supposedly potato famine Irish,
maiden name Bingham, which would be a lot of fun if I had any idea where to
go with it. My wife's mother's maiden name was Whitmore too, so I suppose I
could join her to our Whitmore project for the discount. One of my sons has
results at SMGF, but I haven't the faintest idea what to do with them.

Hal

on 11/18/07 4:16 PM, at wrote:

> In a message dated 11/18/2007 11:56:11 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> Therefore, if it can be afforded, a FGS is the path to take rather than
> exploring HVR1-2 matches.

This thread: