From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Science Breakthrough of 2007
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 22:12:22 -0700

Have you bothered to read or listen to the formulations that many scientists
make to the public about their positions? If they are in the "influence the
public" mode it is often "these are the facts" and dissenting views should
be forbidden or suppressed; in some places and by some even by methods of
law and prosecution is urged. I am afraid the arrogance of scientists when
trying to influence society is often undermining their credibility. It
does a disservice to science. Ken