From: Beth Long <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Extinction Chances
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:52:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi Janet,

Thank you very much! I do need to give credit to my Hungarian co-researcher, Laszlo Rudolf from Bataszek, Hungary; the database has been our joint project.

Laszlo is authoring a series of family books in Hungarian (one for each of the villages). The first volume will be out in April or May. I am concentrating on the Canadian settlement (and on fund-raising for the DNA project).

This group (the Bukovina Szekely) is very well known in Hungary, with over a hundred books and articles written about their culture and history. But nothing to speak of in English.

I retired three years ago and moved to Budpest, where I continue to work on this. I'm having a blast, actually...

Beth

Janet Crawford <> wrote:Beth, I am jealous of the purity, scope and extent of your project, and,
well, I am pea green jealous of every aspect of it. Your energy to tackle a
base of 80,000 is amazing. I hope you will also write up the history of the
colonists from as early back in time as you can make it as well as the
emigration period itself. I can't imagine a DNA, genealogy or history
project more complete and fulfilling, and here you have managed to combine
them all in one.

Janet

PS. There is a terrific editor/publisher of this type of material on PEI and
I will pass on her name if you ever need it.