From: Larry Vick <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] You Can Now Retrive Your SMGF Results at GeneTree andUnlockYour Pedigree If...
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

Another thing I wonder about is how GeneTree is going to resolve the problem of double entries. I have two haplotypes being displayed – one I entered manually and one GeneTree found in the SMGF database. Since the SMGF entry is “protected” I need the manual entry for people who match me so they can contact me.

I see the same duplicate entery problem at DNA Ancestry. There are folks who manually entered results (or used the link to transfer them from FTDNA) but also had results transferred from Relative Genetics (sometimes without the tested person's knowledge). The database is skewed by these double entries. While I contacted DNA Ancestry and had them delete my duplicate entry, others are just leaving them in the database.

Regards,

Larry