From: Larry Vick <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] You Can Now Retrive Your SMGF Results at GeneTree
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dirk,

I haven't received any offers from GeneTree about additional testing of my SMGF sample. Since GeneTree only tests mtDNA (at least for now), and it doesn't offer full sequence testing or haplogroup testing, I don't know what else they could offer.

You can contact people through GeneTree that have either tested their mtDNA at GeneTree or that have manually entered their results in the GeneTree database - if they have agreed to be contacted. I have been contacted about my mtDNA results by someone who matches me (on the non-coding region). It isn't apparent from our pedigrees that we share a recent common matrilineal ancestor. Unfortunately, GeneTree doesn't offer full sequence results, so it is very difficult for me to evaluate how close these folks really are to me (or if we even share the same haplogroup).

Regards,

Larry

Y-DNA Haplogroup Q* (P36+, S25+, M346 SNP test in process)
Full Sequence mtDNA Haplogroup H2a2

Ysearch & mitosearch: XXGV9
Ymatch: jlvick