From: "Francois Greeff" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] How could we tell? NPE.
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:22:14 +0100

Hi,
Please spare a thought for us novices. After all, "how could we tell" what
NPE meant? I tried Google, which took me to
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/NPE, and things got worse:

National Plastics Exposition
National Policy on Education
National Power Equipment, Inc. (Newark, NJ)
National President-Elect
Natural Penis Enlargement
NavipPlan Extended (financial planning software)
Navy Preliminary Evaluation
Net Premium Earned
Network Performance Endpoints (Ganynede)
Network Planning and Engineering
Network Processing Engine
Network Protection Equipment
NOBL Protective Enclosure
Non-Personnel Expenditure/Expense
Non-Polar Extractives
Non-Practicing Entity (patent law)
Non-Production Environment
Nonyl Phenol Ethoxylate
Nuclear Packing Efficiency (correlation of volume & DNA content of a cell
nucleus with microscopic analysis)
Nuclear Planning & Execution
NullPointerException (Java)
Nutrition Program for the Elderly (now Nutrition Services Incentive Program)

Network Processor Engine
Null Pointer Exception

I shall be very grateful for two things, please:
1. NPE in three words
2. An explanation about NPE: What it is, how it works, what it does, and why
it is important.

Regards,
Francois Greeff
_____________
Francois Greeff
36 Aston Road
London
SW20 8BE
United Kingdom

Phone: 0044 20 8543 6966
Mobile 0044 79 6372 2345
Skype: Greefffrancois
Greeff Family Web Site: www.Greeff.info
Greeff Family Newsletter:
http://www.greeff.info/tng01/GreeffGenealogyJournal.php
To join the Greeff family email network, please send an email to
, with only one word, subscribe, as subject and
body. To get out again, send unsubscribe.