From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] STR mutation rates
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:27:13 +1000

Hi Tim,

First, I hadn't realised that 444 and 446 were quoted twice in Leo's work ... I wonder why he did this?
Second, Leo has two charts where the values of markers 38-67 differ markedly.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~geneticgenealogy/MR.htm and
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~geneticgenealogy/ratestuff.htm

Perhaps John Chandler may like to suggest which set are the most relevant.

Regards
Dennis W

Dear Dennis,
Yes, I noted this earlier this evening and thus posted a revised
list that included changes for 445 and 452. I didn't need to revise the
mutation rates for 444 and 446 since I had used John's calculated rates for
those markers.
Sincerely,
Tim