Subject: Re: [DNA] What shall R1b1c call themselves now?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 20:24:30 -0400

Does this really long haplogroup name problem effect anybody outside
The R group? I think there are many of us who wish we had this problem.

Dave-- J1*( preferable to J1(M267))

You state that like it is already decided and settled. Preferred by
whom.
Obviously you prefer the spartan symbology. Others prefer a composite
in between

the complete but growing longer alphanumeric string and the suggested
new
spartan symbology of R-L2, i.e, using R1b-L2 or R1b(L2).

CK

Vincent Vizachero wrote:
> The preferred method is a single letter followed by the most
> downstream SNP. R-M269, R-M73, R-P312, etc. The main goal with this

> method is continuity, and using just the single letter major clade is

> the best insurance for this.
>
> VV

This thread: