From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DecodeMe or 23andMe for genetic genealogy?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:13:01 -0400

Just a follow up. I wrote 23andMe and asked them to clarify some points. In
reply, they gave me the link to this page:

https://www.23andme.com/about/consent/

which led me to this page

https://www.23andme.com/about/tos/

where the paragraph under the heading, "Your Proprietary Rights," begins with
this line:

"Your saliva, once submitted to and analyzed by us, becomes our property."

That's pretty unequivocal -- and totally open-ended. If you give them ownership
of your sample, they're under no obligation to tell you what they intend to do
with it.

Diana