From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] TRMCA for R1b1
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:50:39 +0000 (GMT)

I really cannot believe the lack of thanks VInce is getting for what was good lateral thinking and must have been a big effort to carry Karafet's data and methods from R1 to R1b1.  It merits plenty of proper debate IMO.  I really am disappointed that such a contribution using the techniques and data of the latest person to publish on R1b dating has been subject to debate on the merits of unpublished amateurs v the published professionals.  If there ever was a case where the efforts of those two groups have been merged then its Vince's work on R1b1.

Alan

This thread: