From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] TRMCA for R1b1
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:10:00 -0500

Alan,

This is the core issue.

New data has come to light since 2000, when Semino advanced the
"paleolithic R1b" argument formally. Her estimates, and the
conclusions she drew from them, deserve a fresh look and that is
exactly what is going on now. That this "fresh look" exposes the
earlier errors should not, I think, surprise anyone familiar with the
way in which scientific progress is generally achieved. Refusing to
take a fresh look at the situation (I'm not speaking of you
personally, by the way) and clinging uncritically to the original
findings helps no one.

Vince

On Nov 28, 2008, at 2:33 PM, wrote:

> Whatever estimates people give to the
> relatives ages of the clades are just that estimates not facts but
> estimates
> and estimates will change as new data comes to light.

This thread: