From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Blood of the Irish
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:38:13 +0000 (GMT)

Did a little googling.  Seems that (Father) Tom O'Connor is/was an Irish  Roman Catholic missionary priest.  That does put him in the amateur historian 'handle with care' category although I would add that some really great Irish historians of the past were clergymen like Cannon James O'Laverty and Rev. William Reeves (who I think was an Irish Anglican Bishop).

Alan