From: Al Aburto <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Puzzle, resolved?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 06:21:01 -0800

Hi Anatole,
If a group of haplotypes matches exactly on a set of 12 markers but
divide into different haplogroups then the temporal separation between
between them is surely not as close as one would at first estimate with
the Y-STRs alone... this is what I meant about accuracy ... testing a
larger Y-STR set will allow one to see more correctly the Cohanim
genetic tree.
Al

> Anatole Klyosov wrote:
> Sure, Al.
>
> But what is the point?
>
> Surely, some J1 haplotypes look the same as J2 haplotypes,so what?
>
> We know that some I2 haplotype looks the same as R1a1 hapllotypes. So
> what?
>
> What is the point you are trying to make?
>
> Certainly, it woiuld be nice if the Cohanim test 25-, 37-, and
> 67-markers.
>
> However, they know that they are Cohanim anyway. What you are going
> to tell them?
>
> Regard,
>
> Anatole.

This thread: