From: Susan Rosine <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R-L21
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:06:55 -0600

Janet,
I am the co-admin for the Wales_Cymru DNA project.
So far it looks as though R-L21* will be the dominant haplogroup in Wales, but we do not have enough men in our project who have done deep clade testing to say this with absolute certainty.
We can say that R1b1b2 overall (all subclades) is in the lead, with I1 coming in second.
For those R1b1b2 men who have done the deep clade test, most are L21*, very few R-P312* (upstream from L21) or R-M222 (downstream from L21). I believe that M222 is common in Ireland and Scotland, but I am no expert on those countries.
Why would you think there would not be as much L21* in Wales as there is in Ireland?
Here is our project site, you are welcome to bookmark it and watch as more R1b1b2 deep clade results come in.
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/WalesDNA/default.aspx?section=yresults

Susan

> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:10:11 +0100
> From: Janet Crawford
> Subject: [DNA] R-L21
> To: genealogy-dna

> I have two general questions about L21 please. First, since it is
> found widely in Ireland, is it heavier in the north or south or prety
> evenly distributed, if one can tell from the data so far? Second, if
> it is found heavily in Ireland, it should also be found, perhaps not
> quite as heavily, particularly in Cornwall and Wales. Is there any
> evidence of this?
>
> Janet

This thread: