From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP L226 - possible defining marker for Irish Type IIIreleased.
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:30:34 +1100

That should have been "M222" for NW Irish - sorry!

FTDNA has made SNP L226 available to order from the Advanced Orders page, SNP, under R-L21.
I have ordered for myself and am encouraging all Irish Type III to order as well.
I would like as many R-L21 folks as possible to order this SNP as well as we need to prove two things.

1. All Irish Type III are R-L226+
2. All other R-L21+ haplotypes are L226-

Please help us in this quest to find the defining SNP for this cluster as M222 proved to be for NW Irish.

Dennis Wright
Irish Type III
www.irishtype3dna.org
R1b1b2a1a2f* ... R-L21