From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R-U152 and R-L21 on the European Continent
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:58:50 -0800

Dear Al,
Using the 24 slowest mutating markers in the 67-marker haplotypes
(or some group very similar to this) may well be the "sweet spot" in terms
of a group of markers that produce TMRCA estimates that are the most likely
to be close to the true TMRCAs. The estimates I have generated using that
group of markers has for the most part produced "reasonable" estimates since
I began testing that set of markers this summer.
Sincerely,
Tim