From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R-U152 and R-L21 on the European Continent
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:26:21 -0500

> From: Al Aburto <>
> Anatole,
> Here follows the distributions of DYS388, DYS426, and DYS385a from my J2
> database:
(...)
> I'd say that DYS388 in J2 is almost as fast as DYS385a since they are
> distributed similarly over the same number of haplotypes ...

No. Your distribution represents fragments of many lineages, most of them
are
ancient ones. DYS388 has mutated just a few times, and then kept reproducing
along those lineages.

If you would be able to dissect your database into those lineages, you would
see that
DYS388 is almost unchanged along each one.

In other words, you "distribution" is a very complex interplay of many
factors.

Anatole

> > Anatole Klyosov wrote:
>> P.S. Oh, yes, DYS388 is a VERY slow marker. If you see it is mutating,
>> it means you have a very old lineage and/or several lineages. Each one
>> has
>> its own practically unchanged DYS388 value.

This thread: