From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : variance of S116*
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:05:58 +0000 (GMT)

And again in English...

Tim

I am not a mathematical person but I have chewed over your data. It seems to clearly imply that the variance of S116* is greater through the core of the main body of central Europe from the east to west (perhaps Russia to France), somewhat less in the isles and significantly less in Scandinavia and especially southern Europe.  However, I am not quite so convinced that the division between eastern and western Europe is so strong.  As far as I can see the only major difference is the calculation using 24 slow markers on the 67 marker samples and that seems to be the reason the averages are so different for eastern and western Europe.  Is that fair comment and why does this one calculation stand out as odd?

Regards,

Alan

This thread: