From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : low variance MRCA dates for P310cladesinItalyandSEEurope
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:25:44 -0700

I have never called my intraclade age estimates TMRCAs because they are not;
they are either coalescence or divergence age estimates, with those two
latter terms used interchangeably in the literature depending on the authors
and their sense of time and desire to be technically precise.

Why you would believe that two different age estimates can be
interchangeable, even in name, with each other escapes me?