From: "Brian Quinn" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] I2b1a M284+ and Irish Exiles to Iberia
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:57:57 +1000

>From what I remeber of the Peninsula campaign the troops were not allowed to
take their local wives home
imagine the cruelty of that...the camp followers and their kids remained in

and in the Crusades hordes campaigned against the muslims and no doubt left
a trace

The Wild Geese is the phrase you are looking for

the O'Neill in 17th cent went to Spain and later Puerto Rico see

being from Ulster they had Magennis and no doubt Macartan with them