From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA A8 in Poland
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:56:42 -0600

Do you have access to the full text to see the range covered for HVR2? It's
possible that they didn't include "HVR3", which would explain the difference
in the 2-bp deletion in the 522 area (a hotspot). 315.1C is virtually
universal, so they may have omitted it for that reason. That leaves only
16189C as a difference, but it's a hotspot, too. All in all, I'd say the two
sequences are similar enough to be interesting.

Ann Turner