From: steven perkins <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1a1 - L176.1
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:18:48 -0400

Andrew:

I am YCAII 19,21; DYS458=15; DYS459ab= 8,10.

Here are my SNP tests:
R1a1 SRY10831.2+ M198+ L176.1+ PK5- P98- M64.2- M56- M157- L175- L12-

My surname matches at 67 markers:

67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 1 1 Match(es)
McDaniel
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 2 1 Match(es)
McAlliser
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 3 4 Match(es)
MacDonald
Perkins
Perkins
Perkins
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 4 5 Match(es)
McAlister
MacDonald
MacDonald
McKean
McDaniel
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 5 10 Match(es)
McDonald
Johnston
Alexander
Macdonald
McDonald
MacDonald
McDonald
MacDonald
McDaniel
McDaniel
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 6 11 Match(es)
Wilson
Sayyeau
MacDonald
Hautamäki
McAlister
McNeil
Alexander
McCain
Douglas
Scott
McDonald
67 Marker - Genetic Distance - 7 16 Match(es)
Henly **
mc donald
Fulton
MacAllister
Matheson
Henderson
MacDonald
Alexander
McDaniel
McDaniel
McDaniel
McConnell
MacAskill
Wilson
MacDonnell
Mings

I have McDaniel and Wilson ancestry, but not in my paternal line.
Before this past week I would have claimed Johnston and Matheson
ancestry from Aberdeen, but a recent DNA result indicates my paper
trail may be wrong and I need to reexamine a Davenport and Burnett
link Except for the three Perkins none of these people were located
in Connecticut, or Ashe/Wilkes Co.s, NC or Whitley/McCreary Co.s KY
where my Perkins families lived from 1639 to present. I do have a 37
marker match with an English Perkins. So where do I fit? Lowland or
Clan Donald?

Slan Gael,

Steven C. Perkins
.