From: Kathy Johnston <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] WTY Update slides (and phasing the X at the X to Y locus)
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:29:14 -0400

What I failed to mention in my last message was that Ann Turner has a wonderful tutorial on phasing the X chromosome. No matter how many times we talk about phasing and haplotype mapping, and we give this link, it has never really caught on. I think that the only way people will really get interested in it is when they see their own raw data and then it becomes a lot more relevant and exciting. Maybe Ann was just too far ahead of her time.

"Going Through a Phase: Haplotyping the Female X Chromosomes"
http://www.jogg.info/42/files/Turner.htm

Kathy J.

This thread: