From: "Andrew McEachern" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1a1 - L176.1
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:22:15 -0400

Steve,

Interesting result.

I will post the haplotrees on Scribd very soon. I am at work and left my research data at home.

If I use only Scottish branch markers you sit in a small branch with a MacAlister. This MacAlister sits alone in this branch with you.

The other MacAlisters sit in a separate branch. They are joined with Alexanders, which is to be expected.

For the above I added your two Perkins haplotypes from your project. One becomes the "modal" haplotype, however the other one gets placed in the tree. The haplotypes totalled 33.

So then I added 13 random 16/8 Clan Donald haplotypes. As was expected the Clan Donald haplotypes formed a separate branch. However 3 of the Clan Donald haplotypes joined the branch you are in. These Clan Donald people have 16/8 combo, however do not get placed in the Donald part of the tree. The MacAlister is 15/8.

So....I will add 30 or 40 Clan Donald haplotypes and do this again.

Regards

Andrew