From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] new admixture test from Ethnoancestry
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:41:13 -0500

On 11/5/2010 10:40 AM, Vince Tilroe wrote:
> Ditto. I received the same e-mail for both myself and my uncle. I'm
> somewhere between the French and Orkney Clusters on various principal
> component plots with a slight pull to one side (no Dutch, German, Belgium,
> Polish, or Serbian reference samples exist?), but solidly European. I'm not
> sure how a [redacted] test can refine this any?
>
> Vince T.

It won't! Not yet.

I am convinced that nothing less than lots more SNPS and lots more comparison
people, enough to accurately phase the data, will help. I've tried
comparing modest size haplotype blocks (over 100-200 kbases) and it works
but no better than just using genotypes of single SNPs. With vastly more
comparison people better spread over space, I think it should work better.

Doug McDonald

This thread: