Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS710
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:01:11 EST

My other questions is about DYS710 for J1* participants. While the R1b
groups had lots of activity, there was no movement for the J1* group. Has
anyone else seen this?

In a message dated 11/7/2010 6:01:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

The more I hear about DYS710, the more it seems to me that the pattern
should be provided : how many di-nucleotides etc.... In the case of the
Davenport branch the marker might be useful provided the pattern is known.

> Thanks Bill, a good illustration of how this marker behaves
> in an established genealogy.
> Interesting to note that the .2 element is present
> throughout, suggesting that all the variation is in one of
> the tetranucleotide segments (probably the longer one).
> Gareth

This thread: