From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 2010 studies shed light on R-M269's relatively recenteast towest migration
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:17:30 -0800

Dear Mike,
This is a nice summary. We have hashed this topic out a lot over
the past several years on this list. You and I discussed the TMRCAs for the
R1b subclades on a different list recently and I thought it might be nice to
post a summary of that information on this list as well. Below are some
fresh calculations I did last month for the approximate ages of the major
SNPS downstream from M269. These are the best estimates I can give at this
time using a 30 year generation interval and a combination of YHRD and John
Chandler's mutation rates:

M269: 6500-8500
L23: 6500-8000
L51: 5500-7000