GENEALOGY-DNA-L ArchivesArchiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2010-11 > 1289310019
From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: [DNA] Re Fennoscandia Biographic Project - Pilot
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:40:19 +0000 (GMT)
Update and correction!
I unfortunantly did a clerrical error in the previous regional analysis both for the PCA and ADMIXTURE plots. I included X-chromsomes in the analysis. This have now been correct. This affected the regional analysis only. I also used the opportunity to make some further adjustments:
- 1 more participant from Finland.
- Removed X-chromosome data. Total markers down to 490k.
- Removed seemingly too closely related individuals. Two from Orcadian population. 1 from the Belorussian population and 2 from the CEU population. All these where far closer related to each other than any pair of participants in the project.
- Updated local and regional plots:
1) PCA local plots mostly unchanged.
2) PCA regional plots:
- 1) The earlier D1-2 and D1-3 plots switched
- 2) D1-2 finns bridge the gap between the Saami and the Norwegians and Swedes who seem to seperate abit. Norwegians appears closer to the reference populations CEU, French and Orcadians than Swedes.
- 3) Finns appears in D1-3 to blend and overlap much into the Volgoda Russians, Belorussians and Lithuanians.
- 4) Saami appears in D1-3 to cluster clearly outside above the Volgoda Russians.
- 5) In D1-4 the Saami seem to cluster to the left inside the Russian cluster, while Finns appear to be inside on the lower right and partly inside the Lithuanian and Belorussian cluster.
- New ADMIXTURE run with the updated and corrected data at K=4. An earlier to increase to K=5 using the earlier data seem to give odd results like splintering the CEU into two populations.
- Get more participants
--- Den ons 2010-10-06 skrev Anders Pålsen <>:
|[DNA] Re Fennoscandia Biographic Project - Pilot by Anders Pålsen <>|