From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Missed Opportunity
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:47:06 -0700

A good number of my European F haplotype collection have taken the P96 test
for F3 and all found derived. I assume some lab has tested at least one G
haplotype to make sure it is ancestral for P96, otherwise they would not
have called this haplogroup F3.

P96 is probably a good candidate for one of the earlier tests which should
be done to the two F dna samples found.

If any of this crucial ydna is left for testing (and I have sent an email
inquiry to the chief author to find out), there would be a logical way to
proceed it would seem in adding more downstream tests, and what tests would
be done might be influenced by who is willing to subsidize the endeavor. So
now it is just a matter of waiting to hear what the author says about this
all? Given what tests people in the hobby community have paid good money to
do, I have no doubt funding would come forth for sensible further downstream
testing of these ancient Central European dna samples.

Ken