From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] First Neolithic Y-DNA published
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:03:50 +0100

Dienekes

Thanks as always.

I believe that when you look at Y chromosomal frequencies you can assume
that these do not change in geographical regions due to the same more
massive changes that autosomal and physical characteristics do.

Y chromosomes only "travel" along one fairly special line of descent, the
male line. I think it can be reasonably proposed in many cases that Y
haplogroups disperse more quickly with "new things" like technologies and
languages.

Best Regards
Andrew

===