From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GED files?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:03:57 -0600

You download them first as GEDCOMs, preferably into a separate directory.
When you open them, your program will ask for a new file name. It will not
affect any other file, unless it is some strange program. Of course, you
should have backups of your files anyway. What program and version are you
using?

Bob Stafford