From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA project web sites gone live, with glitches
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:59:09 -0600

You are of course referring to what the new GAP calls the Public Website
page, which is the only one that's supposed to affect the _public_ web site.

There is a My Settings page that refers only to what the administrator sees
inside the GAP.

I presume you are not confusing these two?

Please understand that mine is not the only geographical project with this
problem. Try _any_ of them, and you will see irrelevant surnames on the
Y-DNA Classic page.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of John Chandler
> I found that also in a surname project, but then I discovered I could
> turn off the surname and ancestor columns by changing the "display"
> settings on my project-specific options page. I am the sole admin
> for that project, and my other projects (with co-admins) didn't show
> the unwanted columns.

This thread: