From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA] Brabant/Belgium 37 STR haplotypes?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 08:13:00 -0700

I am interested in obtaining spreadsheet of the 37 marker y haplotypes found in Brabant/Belgium in a recent paper, and I thank in advance anyone who can forward such spreadsheet to me.

With 37 markers it should be able to check if the paper's I1 component is rich in the clade I1-AS1. This has been found to be the case for Netherlands/Belgium in all other available databases. I believe a case can be made that Saxon expansion into the low countries region brought I1-AS1 with them from NiederSaxony region. I1-AS1 has a tmrca around the 2000 year old level, and it is the most numerous clade of I1*-AS other than the generic I1* population.

This thread: