From: John Lerch <>
Subject: [DNA] Heterozygosity on the X.
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:33:59 -0500 (EST)

I know that they report 2 values for the X chromosome even if the person
is a male. However, does anyone know what the incidence of seeming
heterozygosity for a male in the non-crossing part of the chromosome is?
That is: I have a male on FTDNA who has apparent heterozygosity on an
allele about once per 3 scroll jumps. Are those no calls?
Different question. FTDNA's stats list 314,000+ files. That number is
exactly the sum of the number of y files they list and the number of
mtDNA files. What about the autosomal files? Does that mean they test
every sample for y and mtDNA even if the customer only ordered
autosomal?

This thread: