From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:11:45 -0800

Perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy (probably am), but I was quite content with
the old GAP. I am admittedly resistent to change, but the result will be
the same as it is for Word and Excel 2010 and FTM 2010 - avoidance. Some of
us are left in the dust and with apparently no means or option of meeting
our needs. Sink or swim.

FTDNA are merely trying to keep up with the times, and to address concerns
of many group administrators. Surely no one can fault them. However the
net result will be a great deal of discouragement on the part of some,
who probably have too much on their plate, and are unwilling or unable to
deal with yet another techno change that requires yet another struggle.

David K. Faux.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Robert Stafford <>wrote:

> To convert the text numbers to back to regular numbers, you need to select
> range and a bug will appear with the option to convert back to numbers.
> This
> gets rid of the green text indicator in each box. Be certain to change the
> universal format back to general.
>
> I found only two columns that were affected. Another way is to paste and
> set
> to the destination format. Then change the affected columns to text. Click
> on the corner and delete the data. Then re-paste and set to destination
> formatting. When you do text to columns, select numbers.
>
> Bob Stafford

This thread: