From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:25:29 -0500

Ditto. I was *much* happier with the old GAP.

It's a real pain if you have multiple projects because, among other things, the
project name is not on the browser tabs. If you have multiple tabs from
multiple projects open at once, which I often do -- or used to do -- I can only
tell which is which by clicking on the tab and reading the name on the page.
How inefficient is that?

I also used to have bookmarks for the project home pages and membership rosters
(12 bookmarks in all). I could easily move from one to the other with a single
click using bookmarks. Now I have go to my GAP home page, click on the downdrop
list box, click a project, then click Membership Information. Four clicks to do
what used to take one. Until I figure out a better way, my workaround is to
open six different Firefox windows, one for each project, in alphabetical order,
and simply leave them that way.

I don't think, in general, programmers appreciate how much people DON'T want to
have to relearn things they already know how to do -- well and efficiently. I
sometimes think the IT guys (with Microsoft specifically in mind, not FTDNA)
can't stand it when their users become too proficient, so they update the
software and turn their power users back into novices. [end of rant]

Diana