From: "Michael L. Hébert" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:29:11 -0600

Thought I would mention that there is another way to import web page data
into Excel. You open up Excel and create a new spreadsheet. On the menu
bar, go to Data > Import External Data > New Web Query. A browser-like
window will appear. Paste into the address bar the link to the results page
at FTDNA and click the Go button. The FTDNA results page will then be
displayed. There is an Options button at the top right where you can
disable date recognition. You can also select whether you want the page
imported as plain text or with the html formatting. After selecting your
options and closing that dialog box, you can then click the Import button at
the bottom right. It will ask you for the starting cell for the import and
it will then import the web page. There also may be yellow selectors on the
page where you can import only part of the page.

I am still on Excel 2003 so I'm not sure if this is still the same in later
versions.

Mike

This thread: