From: Margaret Jordan <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:33:49 +0000

I manage a large project (nearly 4,000 members) and I found it very
convenient to be able to download the entire spreadsheet from FTDNA. Now
I cannot do that directly although FTDNA claims to offer "download
spreadsheet" as an option. What they are offering is in fact a download
to an XHML webpage which is cumbersome to open and it is not a
spreadsheet. I have found a work around (as have many of the posters
here) but that does not feel like progress. It is more work.

Secondly, the placing of multi-copy markers in one cell does not help
with analysing the data so this doesn't feel like progress either.

Margaret Jordan