From: David F Reynolds <>
Subject: [DNA] Using XML files with Excel
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:01:32 -0800

Margaret Jordan wrote:
> spreadsheet" as an option. What they are offering is in fact a download
> to an XHML webpage which is cumbersome to open and it is not a
> spreadsheet. I have found a work around (as have many of the posters

The XML file can either be saved to disk, then opened with Excel, or one can change the file association for .xml such that XML files are automatically opened by Excel. Everything comes up just dandy and no conversion is required. After the spreadsheet is open, use "save as" to save it in .xls or .xlsx format.

This thread: