From: Greg Morris <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Tribes of Britain?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 04:33:23 +0000

Lisa,

I did the Tribes of Britain test way back in 2002. It was a 10 marker test with a signed letter from Dr. Sykes and his staff claiming I was of Norwegian Viking ancestry. I accepted this for many years, given Sykes credentials and I just didn't know better at the time. However a couple years ago when I plugged these markers into the Haplogroup I calculator it appears like I fit into Dr. Nordtvedt's I1-AS type, most likely I1-AS2. So no I do not believe that these conclusions are useful in modern genetic testing. Hope that helped!

Greg