From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 00:59:50 -0600

It is very easy to separate the alleles. simply insert the extra columns
needed. Select the data column and from the Data bar, select "Text to
Columns" with "-" as the delimiter. You will need to change the format of
the marker name to "Center Across Selection." Do not use the lower-case
letters to designate the alleles, as this is misleading.

With Excel 2003-2010, you can import the chart directly. From the Data bar,
click on "From Web" on left side, enter the URL, select the chart to import,
click on "Options", check "Disable date recognition", "OK" and then
"Import".

Bob Stafford