From: Margaret Jordan <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Using XML files with Excel
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:21:39 +0000

Hi David,

Thank you for your suggestions. I saved the large 20MB XML file. I then
opened Excel and chose the XML file which I had saved and it imported
successfully. Thanks again. Next I must try Robert Staffords "text to
columns" trick and my problems with this aspect of the FTDNA GAP should
be solved.

Regards,
Margaret

On 15/11/2010 01:01, David F Reynolds wrote:
> Mararet wrote:
>> What they are offering is in fact a download
>> > to an XHML webpage which is cumbersome to open and it is not a
>> > spreadsheet.
> The XML file can either be saved to disk, then opened with Excel, or one can change the file association for .xml such that XML files are automatically opened by Excel. Everything comes up just dandy and no conversion is required. After the spreadsheet is open, use "save as" to save it in .xls or .xlsx format.

This thread: