From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New FTDNA Project Format
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:11:37 -0600

On 11/14/2010 1:12 PM, Nancy Kiser wrote:
> I have been manually updating the Excel spreadsheets for my projects for years,
> and this includes my Phillips project that has almost 500 participants. I have
> been doing it manually because we also accept results from companies other than
> FTDNA and it was too much trouble to have to re-add the results of 30 or 40
> non-FTDNA tested participants every time we updated the spreadsheets downloaded
> from FTDNA. Manually adding the results of one or two participants every week
> or so is not that big of a deal. I am now really glad that I have updated
> spreadsheets on my computer that have separate columns for the multi-copy
> markers.

I've also been doing my own spreadsheets.

I eventually wrote a computer program (in C) that converts the new format
back to the old so that I can open in in Excel and just cut and paste
into my own sheet. That is, it fixes the 11-14 format back into two columns.
This was very messy programming.

Doug McDonald

This thread: