From: John German <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GAP 2.0 - project join requests
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:11:09 -0500

I always responded to join requests directly to inquire about ancestry
and direct male lineage; I still want that capability.

. . . and given the various notification failure issues we've had in the
past, we have no way to know if the system actually forwarded our
approvals (or denials). Can this system be trusted not to lose potential
participants for us?

wrote:

>The new join request e-mails do not include the e-mail address of the individual trying to join the project. So, there is now no way to contact an individual directly until they actually join the project.

This thread: