From: "Michael L. Hébert" <>
Subject: [DNA] Spreadsheet Function for Auto-Splitting Multi-Copy Markers
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:41:13 -0600

With the changes at FTDNA and the consolidation of multi-copy markers into
one column on their display pages and spreadsheet exports, I've created a
VBA macro for Excel that splits these markers into separate columns. You
can use it with the XML spreadsheet that you download from the admin page or
with data that you import from a project's public pages. You don't
necessarily have to be very Excel-savvy to use it. I wrote it for Excel
2003 so I'm not sure how it will perform on later versions.

If anyone wants to give it a try, let me know and I will send you the
spreadsheet with the VBA macro included.

Mike

This thread: