From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GAP 2.0 - project join requests
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:55:40 -0500

I just took my first look at the "Join Authorization" page. It's a nightmare.
This is NOT workable. Among other things, the viewing window is so tiny, I have
to scroll up and down and back and forth to read even a short message. It was
easier to copy and paste the message into Notepad, so I could read the whole
thing without scrolling.

The best setup was the way it was, not in the last GAP, but before then, in the
beginning, when requests and replies were handled by us, as straight email, with
no involvement of the GAP. For heaven's sake, FTDNA, at least give us the
*option* to use our own email clients.

Diana

<snip>
> The new join request e-mails do not include the e-mail address of the
individual
> trying to join the project.  So, there is now no way to contact an individual
directly
> until they actually join the project.
>
> Rebecca Christensen

This thread: