From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ursula's consorts?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:37:29 -0500

> From: John Ozment <>
> Which male haplogroups were the European consorts of female (Cro-Magnon)
> Ursula 45,000 years ago? Haplogroup B out of Africa? Neanderthals
> supposedly last survived around Burgos, northern Spain, but were they in
> Greece 45K years ago? Hg-R1b and Hg-I and variants are apparently too
> young. My mtDNA is U5b2b / U5b2b3-proposed (U5-Ursula) from
> Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. "Using a lot of data, Anatole discovered in
> 2008 that R1b in Europe is young."--Sasson

My response:

Dear John,

I would vote for haplogroup I, or IJ. I have tentatively justified this
hypothesis in a paper link to which was provided in a discussion with
Dienekes ("DNA Genealogy, Craniometry, and Origin of Europeoids",
Proceedings, 2010 August, 1256-1309). The paper is in Russian, though.

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_68/9136000/9136455/1/print/9136455.pdf

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: